How to Set Goals That Work
Setting goals that work takes thoughtful planning. That's why connecting your goals to New Year's resolution is a failed experiment.
If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” ~~ Jim Rohn
Setting your goals using your upcoming birthday is one surefire way to achieving them. Because your goal setting strategy is linked to you emotionally.
"Emotions drive motion" ~~ Tony Robbins
When you are emotionally connected to your goals you have an incentive to follow through on them. You are not likely to forget them, forget to track them, or think that they are unrealistic. That is what 92% of those who surveyed said was their reasons for failing to stick to their New Year's resolutions.
Become proficient in using strategies that help you reach your goals so you can live in abundance. Learn how to:
- Set objectives that are highly personal using your birthday as an emotional trigger
- Change your mindset. You won't achieve what you don't believe will happen
- Design strategies to create goals / focus on your key results
- Develop a plan of action to achieve them
- Adapt and apply correct monitoring strategies
Do's and Don'ts
Do these things to reinforce your success at achieving your goals:
- Share your objectives with a mentor, coach or therapist (depending on your needs)
- Keep a journal (specifically for this project if possible). Write in it every day.
- Record objectives and key results in a planner. If it’s not on the calendar it’s not real
- Share your desired results (goals) with friends and family if they are not supportive of your success. They will only get in your way.
- Let mistakes trip up. Expect that you will not “feel like it” some days.
- Let others talk you out of your dream
- Be afraid to set goals that seem impossible
Want more help with setting winning goal setting strategies? Get on my mailing list for my upcoming course, "Successful Goal Setting Strategies That Work".
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.